Thursday, December 29, 2011

Chocolate & Blueberry ... Make Wonders!


This is another delicious experience, I didn't quite understand the chocolate syrup on top, it made the muffins a bit soggy, still taste good! I am not sure if I applied them in the wrong way! But it's ok I guess it still my first time doing muffins!
  
Chocolate Blueberry Muffins
Paper liners not only make for easier washing up, but keep the muffins fresher.
Makes 12

Ingredients

115 g / 4 oz/ 1/2 cup butter
30 g / 1 oz bittersweet chocolate, melted 
90 g /3 oz  unsweetened chocolate chopped
200 g /7 oz / 1 cup granulated sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
259ml/80 fl oz/ 1 cup buttermilk
10 ml/ 2 tsp vanilla essence
285 g / 10 oz/ 2 cups plain flour
5 ml/ 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
170 g / 6 oz cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed


Preheat oven to 190C/375F/ Gas 5  1
In medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and chocolate until smooth, stirring frequently. Remove from heat to cool slightly.

Stir in the sugar, egg, buttermilk and vanilla essence. Gently fold in the flour, bicarbonate of soda until just blended. (Do not overblend: the mixture may be lumpy with some unblended flour.) Fold in the berries.

Spoon batter into a greased or paper-lined 6 cm / 2 1/2in bun tray, filling to the top> Bake for 25 – 30 minutes until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out with just few crumbs attached. Remove muffins in their paper liners to wire rack immediately (if left in the tin they will go soggy). Drizzle with the melted chocolate and serve warm or cool. 

 Love Bakin

4 comments:

  1. Drizzle with melted chocolate means put the chocolate over the muffin using a pastry bag or u can do it yourself with wax paper u put some of the melted chocolate then u drizzle it over the muffin only few lines but don't cover them with chocolate ,,anyway they look nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will do that next time! I still think the recipe is missing something please help me find out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think u haven't read the recipe well, the 90g of chocolate should be melted with the butter over medium heat, then u add the rest of the ingredients , as for the 30g of the bittersweet chocolate it should be drizzled after u bake the muffins,,,
    I still do the same mistake by not reading very well the recipe ,,don't worry!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah true this was a silly mistake on my end! I guess it'll take time till I learn :( !!! I did think to myself muffin without "butter" huh that's strange but I did it anyway cause I never did muffins before I thought it might be right!!!

    ReplyDelete

Bookmark and Share